Revised on: Jan. 15th, 2019
The Kodi Version you are running on will play a large roll in your FOMOstream® streaming box experience.
Our team will continue to push out newly updated Kodi Versions through the OTA System Update app. We use our knowledge of the industry to determine when the best time to facilitate a new Kodi update will be. We never want to do it as soon as Kodi releases the update because we need to allow time for all the 3rd party developers to catch up with these updates, otherwise many add-ons and links will stop working.
Sometimes there isn’t always a clear indication as to when everyone will agree that it’s time to update the Kodi Version. This is because each Kodi addon developer will update their add-on to a certain Kodi Version on different days, and some people prefer certain add-ons over others.
Long story short, when we first update the Kodi Version onto the FOMOstream® Server for everyone to install, some might not be as happy as others about the newest update we pushed out.
You can revert back to an older Kodi version if you prefer.
- Go to this link on your computer:
- Download the Kodi Version you desire to a flash drive or SD card.
- Eject Flash Drive or SD Card.
- Go to FOMOstream® Apps – Factory Reset – Confirm
- Go to FOMOstream® Apps – Highlight Kodi App – Click Menu – Uninstall
- Plug Eject Flash Drive or SD Card into the USB port of the FOMOstream® box.
- FOMOstream® Apps – App Installer – Flash Drive or SD Card – and find the file you just put on there.
- Install and Open.
That’s All !! It should be that easy.
If you have any trouble, start with a Factory Reset before Installing the Kodi APK File you download to your Flash Drive or SD Card.
Then make sure your internet is still connected and run the Add-ons Manager.