This post was updated on Nov. 28th, 2019.
FOMOstream® OTA Updates are performed through the System Update App found inside of your Android Apps.
These OTA updates are almost never mandatory but usually improve the visual aesthetics and layout of the FOMOstream® platform and or may include fixes to possible bugs in the system, new Android Apps, and other features. Each time you run an OTA Update, you will lose all your settings and internal storage so make sure you save anything important that you may have installed locally on your unit.
Go to Apps – System Update – Read the Screen Carefully and choose “Online Update”
After it *reboots and you see the Android Home Screen again, go to Apps and do a Factory Reset. This step is very important. It will ask if you’re sure, say Yes.
Then connect your internet again if you’re on Wifi.
Then go to Apps – Add-ons Manager – Add-on Install.
These steps must be done in sequence before opening up the FOMOstream® Kodi setup. If you open Kodi to early, it will mess up the setup and you’ll have to start with the Factory reset again.
*If you have a Fs1plus, you’ll have to power the box back on to complete the System Update reboot.
PS.) If you are having problems getting content to play in KODI, doing an OTA update is not usually the solution to the problem. Those issues are typically related to your internet speed, and or the Add-on itself. First, do a speed test, then make sure you run your KODI Wizard through your Add-ons Manager App any time you see a new update available.
Fs1mini V1.14_20190425 (not updated as of yet)
Fs1 V1.14_20190425 (not updated as of yet)
- Upgrade from Kodi 17.6 Krypton to Kodi 18.4 Leia which our newest setup, FOMOstream® Build 2.0 was designed for.
- Fixed bug that was causing upgraded version Kodi 18.4 to crash.
- Removed outdated, Apps to free up Storage.
- Upgrade from Kodi 17.4 Krypton to 17.6 Krypton which has been shown to be most stable on our newest setup.
- Removed outdated Apps.
- Updated interface found in the local storage of the Android Home Screen.
- Prepared System Setup to be compatible with our new build.
- Fixed bugs found in V1.11_20170727
- Installs Kodi 17.4 Krypton, as Kodi 17.6 was found to not yet be as stable with 3rd party add-ons.
- Updated the interface found in the local storage of the Android Home Screen.
- Fixed the AppInstaller.
- Fixed the Video Closed Captioning and On-Screen Navigation.
- Upgrades box from Kodi version 17.1 Krypton, to Kodi 17.6 Krypton.
- Added some new Android Apps.
- This update installs the Add-on Manager APK file to the root directory permanently so that the Add-on Manager APK file will not need to be installed manually after each factory reset anymore.
- Upgrades box from Kodi version 16 Jarvis, to Kodi 17.1 Krypton.
- Added Automatic OTA Update Alert Option.
5/25/17 update: The FOMOstream® team is working diligently on a brand new Add-ons Manager Update and OTA System Update. These are major updates which will include the newest Kodi, Version 17.1 Krypton. Our team is testing, and working out any bugs before we upload it to our servers for you all to enjoy.
- Improved Stability of Firmware
- Added PIP playback
In this new OTA Update:
- Fixed the Date on the Android Launcher Home Screen so that it reads properly.
- Fixed the scrolling images on the Android Launcher Home Screen.
- Fixed the Confluence Skin setup to allow Weather Widget to feature Weather in upper left-hand corner of KODI home screen.
V1.1_20161130 – Original
- First OTA Setup to be released publicly.