Each FOMOstream™ Android TV Box will perform better in some locations than it will in others, depending on:
- Internet Download Speed
- If you are experiencing problems, the fist thing you want to do is a Speed Test on the actually unit itself. If you don’t know how to test your speed yet, or which speeds are recommended, you can refer to the following blog post: Speed Test
- Internet Setup (wifi or ethernet)
- Ethernet will provide a more consistent and stable internet speed than WiFi, but most of our Customers connect through WiFi without any issues.
- Distance From Modem
- The further your setup is from the modem while on WiFi will strongly impact the download speed being sent to the FOMOstream™ box.
- Other Devices Connected To Network
- There should be no problem running multiple devices on the same network assuming you have a decent internet download speed at your home location.
- External Interference
- Mirrors, Refrigerators, Steel Beams and other obstructions can interfere with the WiFi signal and speed your modem sends to your Android TV Box.
If you change the box location, please be aware of these facts. Often the results can be quite different from one location to the next; room to room, within the same home even.